Steps to Fix Slow Printing Speed Problem in Dell Printer
All printers don’t offer equal print quality. Laser printers are faster in comparison with inkjet printers. The difference in speed is due to technology used in design. However, slow printing can be due to various reasons. It is one of the most common issues associated with printers. Improper installation of cartridge, alignment of print head, nozzle problems are some of the reasons for this issue. So, before moving to any trouble shoot for slow printing; make sure you have fixed the above-mentioned issues. If fixing them doesn’t resolve your issue; follow the steps mentioned below before you contact any printer support service. These suggestions are listed with reference to Dell AIO inkjet printers (model V525w and V725w.) However, they are of general nature so can be applied even if you don’t have a Dell printer.
- Refresh network connection; turn off the Ethernet or wireless network and then turn it on. Give a few minutes to your computer and printer for reconnecting to the network.
- Try using a different USB cable if you are connecting your computer and printer via an USB.
- Select a lower print quality mode. You can print documents at normal mode instead of high-quality mode. This will result in low resolution print out but it will be fast. This can be used if you are printing in-office use documents. Switch to high-quality mode for formal documents.
- If the type of paper you are using is different from the preset paper type, change the paper type in your machine manually.
- Removing the printer software and re-installing it also help with the slow printing issue. If you don’t know how to do it, ask for technical help from an experienced person.
- Close the applications that are not in use to improve the processing speed of your system.
- If the document which needs to be printed has heavy graphics and images; reduce their number and size for fast printing.
- Sometimes low memory of computer also causes slow printing, adding memory (RAM) will help the processor to read data faster. Hence, it will lead to fast printing.
If these troubleshoot suggestions don’t work for you; you need to contact a professional printer support provider. You can seek help form Dell support or go for a third party printer support provider. We offer independent third party Dell printer support services to users across the globe. You can get in touch anytime to avail 24 hours assistance.