Yahoo lets its users access Yahoo Mail on the go via a mobile application. Yahoo Mail app is available for both leading operating systems, i.e. Android and iOS. Android is regarded as the world leader when it comes to the user base. Many Yahoo Mail users access their account through their Android device. However, due to some reasons, many users face trouble operating their Yahoo Mail account on Android. If you are also facing trouble with the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device, following troubleshooting tips can help in fixing the problem.
3 Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail App on Android Device
1.) App Functionality Issue
Yahoo Mail App Freezes, Crashes or Responding Slow
- First, make sure that you are using the latest version of Yahoo Mail and operating system.
- Check if clearing the Cache and App Data fixes the problem.
- Try force stop and restart the app. It will refresh the active memory of the application.
- Uninstall and Re-install the Yahoo Mail app and check if the problem gets resolved.
All Features Are Not Available on Mobile Devices
Some features in Yahoo Mail are only accessible in the desktop browser version. For example, following Yahoo Mail features are not available for Yahoo Mail mobile app.
- View full email headers
- Block email addresses
- Send to a contact list
- Create vacation responses
2.) Sign in Problems in Yahoo Mail App
Sign in problems can be caused due to following reasons. Fixing them will fix the sign-in problems.
Changing Mobile Number
If you changed your old number and if you are still using the same phone, following these steps will help to resolve the issue.
- On your computer, sign-in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Go to Profile Name > Account info > Account security.
- Click on Phone numbers option and click the Add recovery phone number.
- Enter your new phone number in the provided field.
- Click Send SMS button. You will receive an Account Key on your phone.
- Enter the Key in the provided field.
- Click Verify.
When you activated the Two-Step verification or Account Key feature or if you use third-party email app such as Android Mail or iOS Mail to access Yahoo Mail, you’ll need to create an app password specifically for that app. You can do this by going to the Account security tab and selecting Generate app password option.
3.) Connection Problems
Make sure that the problem is not occurring due to the internet network. Check if the device is connected to the internet properly. Also, check for the App Permissions settings as they allow application in connecting to the other information on your device. So, verify the permission for Yahoo Mail app on your Android device and see whether they are enabled or not.
Note – if Yahoo mail not working on iPhone so you can refer this article and fix your issue.
If the problem persists after following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips, it’s best to seek assistance from our Yahoo Mail customer support team. Yahoo Mail customer support team is offering a reliable and quick solution for every Yahoo related problems.
To contact us, feel free to:
- Call toll-free number.
- Have a live chat.