Yahoo lets its users access Yahoo Mail on the go via a mobile application. Yahoo Mail app is available for both leading operating systems, i.e. Android and iOS. Android is regarded as the world leader when it comes to the user base. Many Yahoo Mail users access their accounts through their Android devices. However, due to some reasons, many users face trouble operating their Yahoo Mail account on Android. If your Yahoo mail not working on Android phone app, following troubleshooting tips can help in fixing the problem.
3 Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail App on Android Device
1.) App Functionality Issue
Yahoo Mail App Freezes, Crashes or Responding Slow
- First, make sure that you are using the latest version of Yahoo Mail and operating system.
- Check if clearing the Cache and App Data fixes the problem.
- Try force stop and restart the app. It will refresh the active memory of the application.
- Uninstall and Re-install the Yahoo Mail app and check if the problem gets resolved.
All Features Are Not Available on Mobile Devices
Some features in Yahoo Mail are only accessible in the desktop browser version. For example, following Yahoo Mail features are not available for Yahoo Mail mobile app.
- View full email headers
- Block email addresses
- Send to a contact list
- Create vacation responses
2.) Sign in Problems in Yahoo Mail App
Sign in problems can be caused due to following reasons. Fixing them will fix the sign-in problems.
Changing Mobile Number
If you changed your old number and if you are still using the same phone, following these steps will help to resolve the issue.
- On your computer, sign-in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Go to Profile Name > Account info > Account security.
- Click on the Phone numbers option and click the Add recovery phone number.
- Enter your new phone number in the provided field.
- Click Send SMS button. You will receive an Account Key on your phone.
- Enter the Key in the provided field.
- Click Verify.
When you activated the Two-Step verification or Account Key feature or if you use third-party email app such as Android Mail or iOS Mail to access Yahoo Mail, you’ll need to create an app password specifically for that app. You can do this by going to the Account security tab and selecting the Generate app password option.
3.) Connection Problems
Make sure that the problem is not occurring due to the internet network. Check if the device is connected to the internet properly. Also, check for the App Permissions settings as they allow application in connecting to the other information on your device. So, verify the permission for the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device and see whether they are enabled or not.
How to Fix “Yahoo Mail Not Working on iOS” Issue?
Generally, the issue with a Yahoo Mail in IOS Mail is caused due to invalid settings or when there is something wrong with the Yahoo Mail account which a user is trying to configure. If you are also facing a problem with your Yahoo Mail account on iOS, you can follow the different workarounds provided below.
Guide to ‘Fix Yahoo Mail Not Working on iOS’
Is Your Account Working Properly When Accessing Through Other Mediums
To fix the problem, the first thing you will need is to check if your Yahoo Mail account is working properly outside of the app. To check that, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to Yahoo Mail sign-in page.
- Now, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Next, compose a new message and send it to your own email address.
- After sending the email, see if you receive within 5 minutes or not.
- In case the email doesn’t get to the inbox, you will first need to address the cause before accessing your account on iOS Mail.
Keep Your Operating System Up to Date
Apple is known for releasing updates for its operating systems at regular intervals to maintain the security and functionalities of the device. So, it is strongly recommended to ensure that you have your iOS device running with the latest software.
Delete and Add Again Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail
Sometimes the problem can also be caused due to incorrect settings connecting Yahoo Mail to the application. In such a case, it is best to remove and re-add the Yahoo Mail account to iOS Mail.
Manually Configure Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail using IMAP
If the automatic configuration of your Yahoo Mail account to iOS mail doesn’t help you overcome the issue, it is suggested to use the manual setup process to get the correct server info. Below are the correct Yahoo Mail IMAP Settings which you will need to set up your Yahoo Mail account on iOS Mail.
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires authentication: Yes
Your login info
- Email address: Your complete email address
- Password: Your account’s password
- Requires authentication: Yes
Steps to Manually Configure Yahoo Mail on iOS Mail
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings
- In the Settings app, tap on the Password & Accounts option and select the Add Account
- From the list that appears on your screen, tap on the Other option and then on the Add Mail Account
- Next, you will need to enter your name, email address, password, and description of your account.
- Then, tap on the Next button and wait. The iOS mail will try to find the email settings and complete the configuration process. If the app is able to find the settings, tap on the Done option to finish the setup.
In case the Mail is unable to find the email settings, you will need to enter them manually by following these steps:
- Tap on the Next button and select the IMAP
- Then, you will need to enter information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server using the settings provided above. After entering the information, tap Next.
- If the email settings are correctly entered by you, tap the Save button to complete the setup process. Your Yahoo Mail will get configured on your iOS Mail.
Use Yahoo Mail App
In most of the cases, configuring your Yahoo Mail account with correct IMAP settings should help you overcome the problem. However, if you are looking for an alternative to setting up your Yahoo Mail account on iOS Mail, you can simply download and install the Yahoo Mail mobile application from the App Store. The Yahoo Mail app is light, fast, and comprises all the essential features that you will need to carry out your email related tasks.
So, these are the workarounds that you can use to fix the Yahoo Mail app not working on iOS Mail.
Note – if Yahoo mail not working on iPhone so you can refer to this article and fix your issue.
If the problem persists after following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips, it’s best to seek assistance from our Yahoo Mail customer support team. Yahoo Mail customer support team is offering a reliable and quick solution for every Yahoo related problems.
To contact us, feel free to:
- Call toll-free number.
- Have a live chat.