As Android is the most widely used mobile operating systems in the world, one would want to engage users of it to give their product or service maximum exposure. This could be one of the reasons that Yahoo updated its Yahoo Mail app with many new features, especially 11 new color themes to choose from. The new app now offers a simpler, more personalized experience, allowing users to select from different themes for each account they have added. Varying from, orange to purple, red and many more, you are more likely to find an appropriate theme for your every style preference.
If you prefer to customize and keep changing the way your email app looks like, then you should use the updated Yahoo Mail app. Not only you get to chose from 11 different custom color themes comprising blue, green, grey, orange, purple, etc., but you also get the option to lighten or darken color theme as per your preference and personality. Moreover, if you are using connected applications like Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, or AOL, you can assign them a different theme to easily distinguish between them.
Steps to Change Theme in Yahoo Mail Android App:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail Android app.
- Tap on the “Menu” icon (three horizontal lines).
- Select “Settings” option and go to “Themes.”
- Browse through the available themes and tap on the one which you wish to use.
- After selecting the theme, tap on the “Confirm” icon.
- The theme for your Yahoo Mail account will get changed.
Apart from the new color theme, several other new features may compel you to just go for the engaging and exciting Yahoo Mail Android application. Some of these new features include – Rename Accounts, Photo Options, Subfolders, Stars, etc. To know how to make use of these amazing features in new Yahoo Mail Android app, follow the guide provided below:
How to Rename Accounts
To rename accounts in your Yahoo Mail Android app, you will just need to long-press any of your email accounts under account switcher to change their name as per your preference. For example, you can give it a title like Work or Personal.
You can save or preview any image or photo that you receive in an email by just tapping on it. When composing a new email, you can quickly move any image between the message body and the attachment tray by just pressing “…” icon on the image.
If you wish to rename, delete or create a subfolder in your Yahoo Mail Android app account, you will just need to long-press on any folder and choose the appropriate option to rename, delete or create a subfolder.
How to use Stars
Activate tappable stars under settings option to view them in your inbox and other message lists. Also, you can set custom swipes to star any message quickly using just a swipe gesture.
So, these are some of the fantastic features that the new Yahoo Mail Android application has to offer to its users. To know how to download and install Yahoo Mail Android App to your smart device, follow the instructions provided below.
- On your Android device, tap on the “Play Store” icon.
- Under Play Store window, tap on the Search bar and enter Yahoo Mail.
- Find the appropriate option from the auto-suggestion and tap on it. You will be directed to Yahoo Mail installation page.
- Tap on the “Install” button and wait until the app gets downloaded and installed on your Android device.
- Once installed, you will get a notification on your Android device.
- Tap on the notification, and you will be directed to sign into your account.
- Enter your email address and tap on the “Next” button.
- Then enter your password in the provided field and tap on the Sign in button.
- You will be logged into your Yahoo Mail account.
- Similarly, you can add your non-Yahoo email accounts to your Yahoo Mail app by simply tapping on Menu icon (three horizontal lines) located on the top-left corner of your Yahoo Mail app screen. Just select “Add another mailbox” option and follow on-screen prompts to complete the process.
In case you need assistance regarding any of the features and functionalities of your Yahoo Mail Android app account, you can always reach our 24 by 7 Yahoo customer support team for prompt and reliable assistance.