If you are seeing Windows Live Mail Server error 3219 in your email program, this means that you might not be able to send or receive emails using your account. Even if you try to check for emails using send and receive, you may see the following message appearing on your screen:
Windows Live Mail is synchronizing this account. Check again in a few minutes to read your messages.
Unable to send or receive messages for the (your account name) account.
Server Error: 3219
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005
To know how to fix Windows Live Mail Server Error 3219, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Fix Windows Live Mail Server Error 3219
As Microsoft has introduced the latest version of Outlook.com, the new version no longer supports DeltaSync protocol which is default setting in Windows Live Mail for Microsoft email account like @Outlook, @windowslive, @msn, @hotmail, @live. And because of this reason, you may find your email program to be causing Windows Live Mail Server Error 3219. In such a case, you will need to overcome the problem by using other methods to synchronize mail folders and messages with the Outlook Mail servers. Below you can find the way to do it using the IMAP configuration instead of default HTTP configuration.
STEP 1: Deactivate the Old Account
The first step you will need to take to fix the Windows Live Mail server error 3219 is to deactivate your previously configured account. As the account will be no longer working due to upgrade, new emails will not be downloaded to the account on the email program and no synchronization process of other folders will be carried out. Here, for the time being, you will need to deactivate the account by following these steps:
- Right-click on the name of your account in the folder pane.
- Next, select the Properties
- In the Properties section, go to the General tab and deselect the checkbox next to Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
- Then, you will need to click on the Apply and then on the OK Doing so will ensure that your account and its content remain safe during the transition.
STEP2: Set up a New IMAP Account
- To begin with, you will first need to press the Ctrl + Shift + T keys on your keyboard when viewing your message list. This will open the Add your email account wizard on your screen.
- In the Add your email accounts window, you will need to enter your email address, password, and display name for the outgoing messages in the relevant fields.
- Next, you will need to select the Manually configure server settings option and click on the Next You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the following information in the relevant fields on your screen.
- For the Incoming server, you will need to select the IMAP option from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming Server address:office365.com
- Port: 993
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL)
- For Authenticate using, select the Clear text option from the drop-down menu.
- For Log-on Username, enter your complete email address.
- Now, for the Outgoing Mail Server, enter the following information:
- Outgoing Server Address:live.com
- Port: 587
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication
- Then, click on the Next button and then on the Finish option to complete the setup process. Now the program will try to connect and download the account folders and their contents. This process may take some time if there multiple folders and a lot of messages. The program may appear to be freezing in between, but be patient.
- Once the program downloads the account folders successfully, you will need to right-click on the new account name in the folder pane and click on the Properties Then, on the IMAP tab, you will need to select the Check for new message in all folders and Store special folders on IMAP server option.
- Then, you will need to enter the following paths on your screen:
- Sent Items path: Sent
- Drafts path: Drafts
- Deleted Items path: Deleted
- Junk path: Junk
After that, you will need to click on the Apply and then on the OK button. If prompted to reset the folder list, decline.
- Now, you will need to right-click on the new account name in the folder pane and select Show or hide folders This will open the Show/Hide IMAP folders dialogue on your screen. Here, you will need to click on the Reset List button to refresh the folder list from the server.
- Then, using the Show and Hide buttons on the All tab, you will need to indicate which folders you wish to see in the Folder Pane. After that, click on the OK Now while viewing the message list, you will need to press Ctrl + Shift + O on your keyboard for Options. Under the Advanced tab, select Use the Deleted Items folder for IMAP accounts. You can then right-click on the IMAP folder in the folder pane and select Synchronization options. Here, if you want you can customize the settings as per your preference.
STEP 3: Remove the Old Account
Once you have ensured that all your emails have been downloaded and there is nothing to download from folders under the old account that you may need in the future, you can follow these steps to remove your old account. However, it is to be noted that this action is irreversible. Once you remove this account, you will no way be able to recover it or the data it contains.
- Right-click on your old account.
- Next, simply select the Remove account
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to remove your old account.
So, these are the steps that can help you fix Windows Live Mail server error 3219. For further help you can contact Windows Live Mail Customer support service experts to fix your email problems.