It is quite common to sometimes send an email to a recipient other than it was intended for. Not all email services but there are some that now provide users with an option to delay the sending of an email. When you click on the Send button, the email is not sent right away and takes a couple of seconds gap before sending it. This delay allows the users to undo or cancel the email by clicking on the relevant option that appears on the screen during this time. While the delay option only works until the email is sent from the sender’s account, the recalling feature offered by MSN (Now Outlook) allows the users to even undo an email that gets delivered to the recipient. If you wish to know how you can undo a sent email from MSN, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Undo a Sent Email from MSN
NOTE: As Microsoft has moved all its email services like Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, Outlook.com, and MSN Mail to Outlook.com, the below-mentioned steps are according to the new email service only. You can follow the steps provided below on Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Office for business, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010.
The message recall feature in MSN (Now Outlook) allows you to retrieve the sent message from the mailbox of a recipient who hasn’t opened it. It also allows you to send a replacement message for the message you recall. For example, if you forgot to add an attachment to the message you sent, you can recall the message and send it again after including the attachment.
While the Message recall option becomes available right after clicking on the Send button, it is only available if both you (sender) and the recipient have a Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization.
Once you have considered the above-mentioned scenarios, you can follow these steps to recall and replace a message.
For Newer Versions
- Go to the Sent Items folder located in the folder pane located on the left-hand side of the Outlook window.
- In the Sent Items folder, open the email you wish to recall by double-clicking on it.
- Next, you will need to select the Actions > Recall This Message option from the Message
- If there is no Recall This Message command is not available, it means you don’t have an Exchange account, or it can also be that the feature is unavailable within your organization.
- If a message is protected by Azure Information Protection, you will not be able to recall a message.
- Message recalling feature is not available in Outlook on the Web.
- Then, you will need to select the Delete unread copies of this message or Delete unread copies and replace with a new message, option and click on the OK
- Now, if you wish to send a replacement message, you will need to compose the message and then click on the Send
For Office 2007
If you wish to recall and replace a message in your Office 2007 program, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Navigation Pane in Mail option and click on the Sent Items
- Next, you will need to open the message which you wish to recall and replace.
- Then, go to the Message tab and click on the Other Actions option in the Actions
- In the Other Actions section, you will need to click on the Recall This Message
- After that, you will either need to click on the Delete unread copies and replace with a new message or Delete unread copies and replace with a new message
NOTE: If you looking to send the message to a large number of people, you would want to deselect the checkbox next to Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option.
- If you wish to send a replacement message, you will need to compose the message and then click on the Send
In case the Recall This Message command is not available, it means that you might not be having an Exchange Server account or maybe you are not using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. You must have both to use the recall feature.
To know the types of e-mail accounts in your Outlook profile, you can check the Account Settings dialog box in your Outlook program.
- From the Tools menu, click on the Account Settings
- Next, go to the E-Mail tab and then to the Type Here you find the type of account you have.
So, now as you how you can undo a sent email from MSN, you can easily follow these steps whenever you mistakenly send an email message from your MSN email program. For any professional help you can dial MSN customer service phone number to directly speak with MSN email experts.