QuickBooks is a remarkable accounting software package specially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises. The software offers on-premise accounting applications and also cloud-based versions. QuickBooks is an ideal software for carrying out accounting obligations of business such as manage and pay bills and taxes, accept business payments and payroll functions.
This accounting tool not only helps manage customers, clients, stocks, vendors, and finances, but also provides a way of tracking different aspects of your business such as sales, expenses, income, and overall growth. Some of the advantages of having QuickBooks for your business are mentioned below.
Advantages of QuickBooks
- With QuickBooks, a user gets to record due dates and payment information for various bills. This helps in easy access to all transaction during audits and also helps in clearing dues directly from the software.
- Whether there are small purchases or large expenditure, QuickBooks allows to user to record each and everything in its database. This helps in maintaining precise expense billing.
- This is one of the timesaving advantages of QuickBooks. You not only get to track sales but also to automatic generate receipts and invoices with just a touch of a button. Moreover, you can instantly send e-invoices to customers via email.
- You can easily create a variety of financial reports with QuickBooks. Such reports include everything from income and expenses to trends and forecasting documents. Also, you can easily export any report to MS Excel and send it via email.
- One doesn’t need to be a tech-savvy to understand and operate QuickBooks. The makers have designed this software keeping the end-users in mind. Thus, the software is easy to integrate with your business and very simple to operate for all your financial obligations.
However, you are already aware of these amazing features of QuickBooks and have integrated one into your business, and you may like to know the ways to enhance the performance of your QuickBooks software. Below we have mentioned the top three ways to improve your slow QuickBooks performance. Go through them and boost the performance of your QuickBooks program.
Top 3 Ways to Improve QuickBooks Performance
1.) Upgrade Main Memory
To get most out of your QuickBooks, make sure to give it sufficient memory power. Though it is recommended to use at least 128 MB of main memory for servers, it is best to use 256 MB or 512 MB or even more (if possible).
The minimum main memory of official QuickBooks is 2001 – 64 MB, 2002 – 64 MB, 2003 – 96 MB, 2004 – 96 MB. However, it is not sufficient memory to boost QuickBooks’ performance, especially if you have other programs running in the background. Therefore, make sure to have sufficient free memory.
2.) Defrag your Computer’s Hard Driver
To enhance the performance of your QuickBooks, make sure to optimize your computer’s hard drive by defragmentation. Also, make sure to have more than 10 per cent of storage space free on your hard drive. Use programs like Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware, Antivirus, etc. to keep your system up and running with any flaws. Delete old files using the disk-clean program regularly and also clear your recycle bin frequently to keep the performance of QuickBooks swift and smooth.
3.) Turn off Automatic Updates for QuickBooks
As QuickBooks doesn’t offer frequent updates, it is best to turn off automatic updates for QuickBooks to boost its speed significantly. For Windows XP, go to Start > All Programs > Startup > Delete Axelbridge, Axelbridge1, QBAgent, QBDagent, QBDagent1, QB update, QB server, or QB update, depending on the version you are using. Then in QuickBooks, enter File, Update QuickBooks, Options, Turn off Automatic Updates option.
So, these are some of the ways to enhance the performance of your QuickBooks. For further information regarding QuickBooks or to get any issue fixed in this software, get in touch with QuickBooks customer support team anytime.