If you are impressed with the amazing features that Gmail has to offer and at the same time you don’t want to leave your current non-Gmail account, well, Google has taken care of this concern as well. Want to know how? Well, the answer lies with Gmailify.
What is Gmailify?
Gmailify is a fantastic tool that allows Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail and AOL users to make use of Gmail’s feature without giving up on their current email address. To do so, one will need to link his email account to Gmail. Once your account gets connected, you will be able to access all your emails in your Gmail inbox along with following features:
- Spam security
- Automatic email sorting based on types such as Social, Promotions, Updates, etc.
- Enhanced email notification on mobile.
- Advanced search options.
To know how you can Gmailify your Non-Gmail Account on Android, Computer and iPhone & iPad, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below:
Steps to Gmailify your Non-Gmail Account:
Link your Email Address to Gmail:
- On your Android device, tap on the Gmail app icon.
- Select Menu bar icon (three horizontal lines) located on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to go to Settings option.
- Tap on the non-Gmail account which you wish to link to your Gmail account. (NOTE: Make sure that you have added your non-Gmail account already to the Gmail app on your Android device.)
- Then, tap “Link account” option. In case you don’t see a link to “Link account”, make sure you have updated your Gmail app.
- After that simply follow the on-screen instructions to link your account.
Once your account gets linked to Gmail account, you will be able to view emails both in your Gmail app and on the web at mail.google.com. You can read, reply to and organize those emails the same way you do in Gmail.
Unlink your Email Address to Gmail:
- On your Android device, launch the Gmail App.
- Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) located on the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Now, scroll down to get to Settings option.
- Under Settings window, tap on the Gmail account which you wish to unlink from your other email account.
- Next, tap on the Unlink account option under Linked Account section.
- Then, select whether you wish to keep copies of emails from the account.
- After that, tap on the Unlink option.
Once you have unlinked your other email account from Gmail, you choose whether to delete or keep existing copies of emails from your other account in your Gmail inbox.
- In case you delete copies from Gmail, you can still access them from your other service.
- In case you keep copies in Gmail, you can access them in your Gmail account. If you delete or move them in Gmail, such actions will not affect your other account.
Once unlinking your email account from Gmail, you will not receive new emails in your Gmail inbox from another email account.
To Link Your Email Address to Gmail:
- Launch Gmail on your computer.
- Click on the Gear icon located at the top right to select Settings option.
- In the “Settings” window, click on the “Accounts and Import” or “Accounts” tab.
- Now, click on the “Add a mail account” option on the “Check mail from other accounts” section.
- Next, enter the email address which you wish to link and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, simply select option “Link account with Gmail (Gmailify)” and click on the “Next” button.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen instructions. Once done, click “Next” or “Sign in”.
Once your account gets linked, “Gmailify” will appear next to your email address. When you open your Gmail, you will be able to read, reply to, and sort emails from your other email account just the way you do in Gmail.
To Unlink your Other Email Address from Gmail:
- Go to Gear icon > Settings > Accounts and Import.
- Click on the “Unlink” option under “Check mail from other accounts” section.
Once you have unlinked your email account from Gmail, you can choose either to keep or delete copies of your emails from another email account in your Gmail inbox.
- In case you delete copies from Gmail, you will still be able to access them from your other email service.
- In case you keep copies in Gmail, they will be stored in your Gmail account. If you wish to delete or move them in Gmail, you can do so easily as such actions will not affect the emails in your other account.
———iPhone & iPad———
To Link your Other Email Address to Gmail:
- Launch the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Menu bar (three horizontal lines) located in the top left.
- Tap on the Down arrow icon located on the right side of your username.
- Select Manage Accounts > Add account.
- Now, select the type of account you wish to add to your Gmail account.
- If you use work or school emails using Outlook for Windows, you will need to choose Outlook, Hotmail, and Live.
- In case you don’t see your email service listed, tap “Other” option.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. Then tap “Try Gmailify”.
Once your email account gets linked to Gmail, you will be able to access emails both in your Gmail app and at mail.google.com (on the web). You can quickly read, reply to and arrange emails just the way you do in Gmail.
To Unlink your Other Email Address to Gmail:
- Launch Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad and go to Menu Bar > Settings.
- Under “Settings” window tap on the Gmail account which you wish to unlink from your other account.
- Next, go to General > Gmailify > Unlink > Unlink.
- Once your account gets unlined, Gmail will no more show new emails from another account.
Locate Emails from your Other Email Account in Gmail:
For Android, Computer, and iPhone & iPad:
Gmail might sort your emails differently from other email services.
Trash Empty Limit:
Emails in your “Trash” folder might not be deleted as per the Gmail’s 30-day limit. Instead, they may follow deletion rule as per “Trash Empty” limit of your other email service.
When you archive an email in your Gmail account, it gets stored in a new “Archive” folder in your other email account. You can find the archived emails in your other account by clicking on the “Archive” folder.
Label and Folders:
If you add a label to an email in Gmail, you will get the folder with the same label name in your other email account. In case you add multiple labels to an email, you will find multiple folders having a copy of the email.
And, this is how you can easily access Gmail features with your non-Gmail account using Gmailify. For further information or for any other Gmail-related queries or issue, contact our third-party Gmail customer support thru toll-free number. All our support services are available 24/7.