You are provided with a BellSouth email account when you purchase one of the services offered by BellSouth. BellSouth email can be used like any other email service you use. You can use it to send and receive emails, share documents, signing up online, and much more. Also, you can easily access your BellSouth email account on email clients like Microsoft Outlook. To access your email account using Microsoft Outlook, all you need to have the server settings information. To know how to set up your BellSouth email account on Outlook using the server settings, go through the information provided below.
BellSouth Email Server Settings
|Outbound Port||465 or 587||465|
Steps to Set Up Your BellSouth Email Account on Outlook
NOTE: The below-mentioned steps are for Microsoft Outlook 2016. The steps may vary depending on the version of Outlook you are using.
- To begin with, you will first need to open Outlook on your computer and click on the File option.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Add Account option. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Choose Manual setup or additional server types option and then click on the POP or IMAP option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to provide certain information.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the following information in the prompted fields:
- You will first need to enter your name as you want it to get displayed to the others.
- Then, you will need to enter your complete BellSouth email address.
After that, complete the Server Information as suggested below:
- Account Type: Select IMAP or POP3.
- Incoming mail server: Enter imap.mail.att.net (for IMAP) or inbound.att.net (for POP3).
- Outgoing mail server: Enter smtp.mail.att.net ( for IMAP) or outbound.att.net (for POP3).
Then, you will need to complete the Logon Information as provided below:
- User Name: Enter your complete email address
- Password: Enter or paste your secure mail key.
- Then, make sure to select the checkbox next to Remember password and Require logon using Secure Password Authentication
- Then, you will need to select the More Settings option and complete the Outgoing Server info as recommended below:
- Select the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Select the checkbox next to the Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- After that, you will need to go to the Advanced tab and enter the following on your screen:
- Incoming server: Enter 993 (for IMAP) or 995 (for POP3)
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select SSL
- Outgoing server: Enter 465 (IMAP and POP3).
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select SSL.
- Once you have entered the information in the appropriate field on your screen as suggested above, you will need to select the OK button and then the Next
- After that, Outlook will test your account info. If everything completes successfully, you can click on the Finish button. Your BellSouth email account will be configured to your Outlook program.
Verifying or Updating BellSouth Email Settings
If you have already had your email account configured earlier and you wish to update your email account with our secure mail key, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open Outlook on your computer and click on the File option.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Account Settings
- Next, you will need to select your BellSouth email account and click on the Change
- Then, you will need to confirm or enter the following IMAP or POP settings on your screen:
- Incoming server:mail.att.net (for IMAP) or inbound.att.net (for POP3)
- Outgoing mail server:mail.att.net (for IMAP) or outbound.att.net (for POP3)
- Next, you will need to check or enter your User Name (full AT&T email address) in the provided field.
- Similarly, in the password field, you will need to enter your secure mail key and select the checkbox next to the Remember password
- Once you are done updating the information, you will need to click on the Next
- As you will click on the Next button, Outlook will begin testing your account settings. Once the testing process gets completed successfully, you can click on the Close and then on the Finish
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to set up your BellSouth email account on Outlook program. You can call BellSouth Email customer support number to fix email problem.