If you are seeing Roku error code 009 when trying to use your Roku device, it means that your Roku device is able to connect to the router but is having an issue connecting to the internet. To know how to fix Roku error code 009 for your device, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Fix Roku Error Code 009
When you configure your Roku player or Roku TV for streaming, you will need to ensure that your device is connected to your home network the same way you connect your mobile device or computer. To connect your device to the internet, you will simply need to select your wireless network name from the displayed list of networks and enter the correct password for it. Doing so will set up a wireless connection between your Roku device and your home access point or router. Then, your router will allow access to the internet through a broadband service provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
NOTE: In case your Roku streaming device has a dedicated Ethernet port, you can try connecting to your router using an Ethernet or wired cable instead of connecting wirelessly.
However, if your Roku device is not able to connect to your home router or get access to the internet through the router, you will need to check your connection by following the below-mentioned information.
- Start by going to the Settings > Network > Check connection to conduct a two-part test. In this two-part test, the first part will help you check for a connection to your home network as well as the quality of the signal. The second part will check whether or not you are connected to the internet and also verify the speed of your internet.
- In case the signal strength or internet speed of your wireless connection is poor, you will be provided on-screen prompts to overcome the issue.
NOTE: In case your Roku device is not connected to your network, you will not be able to see the Check connection option. In such a case, you will only see a Setup connection option.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct name for your wireless network. If you would have selected a wring wireless network name, your wireless connection will fail.
- Also, make sure that you have entered the password for your selected wireless network correctly. Entering an incorrect password will fail to set up a connection between your wireless network and the Roku device.
- Make sure that your router is working properly. To check that, you can try connecting your mobile device or computer. After connecting any of the devices, open a random website on your web browser and see if it is loading properly. If the paged is not loading as expected, you will need to address the issue with your internet connection and router before connecting your Roku device to the internet.
- It is recommended to keep your wireless router in the location where your Roku device is able to get a complete signal. Any loss of signal may lead to an internet connectivity issue with your Roku device, causing error 009.
- You can also try fixing the error code 009 by restarting your Roku device and your router. To restart your Roku player, go to the Settings>System>System Restart. Similarly, to restart your Roku TV, you will need to go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help you fix Roku error code 009 when trying to access your Roku player or Roku TV. For further help you can call toll free phone number of Roku customer service support center to fix your Roku related problem