Remembering the Skype password can be quite difficult for some, mainly when a user has not used it for a long time. If you have also forgotten the password or the username of your Skype account or if your account has been hacked, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Recover Skype Forgot Password
- Go to the Skype login page and enter your Skype username in the provided field. Then, click on the Next button.
- On the next page where you will be asked to enter your password, click on the “Forgot my password” option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be asked to select the appropriate reasons from the three options (given below).
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- As you have forgotten your password, select the first option – “I forgot my password” and click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter the Captcha shown in the image and click on the Next button.
- Then, you will be directed to the next screen where you will need to verify your identity by selecting any one of the options for receiving security code. The options will be like these:
- Email p**[email protected]**mail.com
- Text ********56
- I don’t have any of these
- To receive Security Code on your registered email address, select the first option. To receive the security code on your phone, select the second option. Then, click on the Send code button.
- If you select your phone number as the option to receive the code, you will need to enter the last four digits of your phone number in the provided field.
- In case you don’t have access to neither your email address nor your phone number, select the third option – “I don’t have any of these” and follow the on-screen prompts to recover your account.
- Once you get the security code to your email address or phone number, enter it on the subsequent screen and click on the Next button. You will be taken to the “Reset your password” page.
- Enter your “New password” in the prompted fields and click on the Next page. You will get a message on the next screen saying – “Your account has been recovered”. Simply click on the “Next” button, and you will be taken to the Skype sign-in page. Enter your username and password in the provided field to access your account.
Steps to Recover Forgotten Skype Username:
If you have forgotten your Skype username, you can sign in to your account using your email address or phone number with which you created your Skype account. If you don’t even remember your email address or phone number, you can try the following measures.
Ask your Friend:
If you registered a Hotmail or Outlook account using your Microsoft account, you might have sent an email to one of your friends. Ask them to let you know the email address you used.
Use a device with which you are already signed into:
If you are using an Xbox, you can follow the instructions in the guide “Find your Microsoft account email address” to know your email address.
Search for Emails from Microsoft:
Check your email account which you frequently use for emails from Microsoft to know the email account you use to access your Skype account.
And, this is how you can recover your Skype account when you have forgotten your username or password. If you need more assistance regarding the above or any other Skype-related issues, feel free to reach out Skype customer support team.