When you find some issues while sending or receiving emails in your MS Outlook account; there could be a few reasons for such errors. Your internet connection is really important here, first, you need to check your internet connection and check whether it is working or not. If needed, you should fix it and try sending emails.
When your internet connection is working properly and still you are experiencing the same issue; you should check your Outlook configuration settings. The server settings play a vital role and if there is some issue with it; you can’t send or receive emails.
When there is some error with the incoming server settings, you will not get emails in your account. If your outgoing server settings are incorrect, you can’t send emails. This issue needs to resolve with; either reconfiguring the settings or updating the settings and try sending emails.
We have this quick guide for you to learn, review and reconfigure your Outlook settings. You just need to follow the steps carefully and when there are some incorrect settings, simply update it.
Step to configure your MS Outlook account
- First, open your Outlook 2016
- Now, select File > Add Account
- After that select Advanced Setup > Let me set up my account manually > Connect
- Now, you need to choose our account type, usually POP or IMAP from the given list
- Use these IMAP settings
- Your name and email address
- Account type – This is usually IMAP
- User Name – This is your full email address
- Incoming server (IMAP) – 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection – SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP) – 465 or 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection – SSL or TLS
Once you are done with the settings part; then try to send some mail. You can send a few test emails to your own email account or some of your known, who can acknowledge the delivery. As you will get the confirmation; then restart the Outlook and use it.
Note – Always make sure to use the correct settings and if needed use the official reference of Outlook. if still having any issue then you can contact MS Outlook customer support service helpline to fix your issue.