No matter which application, operating system, software and program you are using, keeping them updated is inevitable. Installing the latest updates not only helps keep your device and programs secure against online threats but also makes them bug-free.
Taking an example of Skype application – if you are having trouble updating this software on your computer, you can try the steps mentioned below to update your Skype to the latest version.
Steps to Fix Issue with Skype Upgradation to the Latest Version:
As Skype releases frequent updates on its platform (for introducing new features, enhancing the current ones, and clear bugs), it is necessary to keep the app up-to-date regularly. These updates get installed automatically. In case, they don’t, you will need to make the following changes.
Enable Automatic Updates for Skype
- Log into your Skype program.
- Select Tools > Options from the Menu bar.
- Next, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and select ‘Automatic updates’ option.
- Then, select Turn on automatic updates and click on the Save button.
- From now onwards, updates will get automatically installed for your Skype application.
If the automatic update feature is already active in your Skype account, you may need to check your computer and Skype for the following.
1.) Check Your Network Connection
One of the most common issues ignored by users while updating Skype or any other application is the network connection. So, start by making sure that your internet is working fine.
- To know whether your internet is working fine, open a web browser, and open any website.
- If the website opens without any interruptions, it means your internet connection is working fine.
- If the website doesn’t open or takes a lot of time in loading the complete page, you will need to address the issues accordingly before updating Skype.
2.) Security Programs
Even when your internet is working fine, security programs like Antivirus, Antispyware, Antimalware, etc. can prevent Skype from getting connected to the internet.
- Try disabling the security program (one at a time).
- Check if disabling any of the programs fixes the Skype updating issue.
- Also, check your Firewall settings and see whether Skype is allowed to connect to the internet or not.
3.) Scan your System
Any infected File, Virus, Trojan, and Malware may also prevent you from updating your Skype application to the latest version.
- Run a full system scan using a good Antispyware.
- Remove or repair all the infected files in your system.
- After that, try updating your Skype application again.
4.) Clear your Web Browse
If the above solutions don’t work, you can try fixing the issue by following these steps. Sometimes any problems with your Web Browser can also cause similar issues.
- Restart your system and open your web browser.
- Remove temporary files, cache, add-ons, extensions, etc. from your web browser.
- Then again try updating your Skype program.
5.) Uninstall and Install a Skype Again from the Official Website
If nothing works, it is best to uninstall the current version of Skype from your computer and download and install the latest version of Skype from the official website.
- Uninstall the current Skype version by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Skype > Uninstall.
- Restart your system.
- Next, go to the official website of Skype via the link – https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/.
- Download and install the latest version of Skype-compatible with your operating system.
- Once installed on your system, sign in to your account and start using Skype as usual.
These are some of the ways to fix the problem of updating Skype for the latest version. For more information regarding Skype, feel free to get in touch with Skype customer support team.