Yahoo! Mail is not just limited to sending and receiving simple texted email messages. You can also share files and documents as an attachment to your Yahoo! Mail account. Attaching and sending a file or document to the recipients using your Yahoo! Mail account is quite convenient and easy to do. Just click on the compose button in your Yahoo! Mail account and select the “Attach” icon (hairpin icon) from the toolbar located at the bottom of the “Compose Email” window. Choose the appropriate file and attach it to your outgoing email. Click on the “Send” button. The file will be sent to the recipient instantly.
Although the file attachment option offers great convenience, this option comes with a size restriction that doesn’t allow users to send a file or document with a size of more than 25 MB. Considering the convenience of users, Yahoo mail introduced the option of cloud service in its platform. With cloud service, you can easily send a larger file to the recipient without any restriction.
If you are trying to send a large size file from your Yahoo email account, a cloud service like Dropbox can help you with it. To know how you can use Dropbox with your Yahoo! Mail account, follow the steps provided below.
Steps to Use Dropbox with Yahoo! Mail Account:
To start using Dropbox on your Yahoo! Mail account, you will first need to link it to your Yahoo! Mail account. So, make sure you have a Dropbox account to link it to your account. To connect your Dropbox account with Yahoo! Mail account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Click on the “Gear” icon located at the top-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail account’s page.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the “Settings” option.
- In the “Settings” window, select the “Account” option from the left-hand side panel.
- Under the “Accounts” tab, scroll down to get to the “Cloud storage” option.
- Under the “Cloud Storage” section, you will see two options: Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Click on the “Connect” option located just next to the “Dropbox” option.
- You will be redirected to sign in to your Dropbox account to link it with Yahoo!.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account. Follow on-screen instructions (if prompted).
- Your Yahoo! Mail account will be linked to your Dropbox account.
After you have successfully linked your Dropbox account with your Yahoo! Mail account, you may want to know how to use it. So, below we have provided step-by-step instructions to use Dropbox with Yahoo! Mail.
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account and click on the “Compose” button located on the left-hand side panel.
- In the “Compose email” window enter the information for the fields such as To, CC, BCC, Subject, Email Body, etc.
- Once you have entered all the information and message which you wish to send, click on the “Attach” icon (hairpin icon). It will be located in the toolbar at the bottom of the “Compose email” page.
- Clicking on the “Attach” icon will open four options like shown below:
- Share files from cloud providers
- Add photos from recent emails
- Insert animated GIFs
- Attach files from computer
- To add a file from Dropbox, you will need to click on the option – “Share files from cloud providers”. This will open a side panel on the right.
- From the side panel, select the “Dropbox” option. This will open a list of available files in your Dropbox account.
- Select the appropriate file from the list which you wish to send to the recipient.
- Once selected, simply click on the “Send” button to send the email to the recipient.
NOTE: You must upload the file to your Dropbox account in order to send it from your Yahoo! Mail account.
And this is how you can use your Dropbox account with Yahoo! Mail. In case you still need assistance regarding connecting cloud account with Yahoo! Mail or regarding any other Yahoo! related issues or queries, you can always contact live person Yahoo! Mail customer support. Representatives are available 24/7.