Once known for its incredible features and functionalities, Yahoo Mail has lost its luster over the period with the advent of other email services like Gmail, Microsoft Outlook.com, etc. that offers advanced quality and reliability regarding both security and accessibility. However, Yahoo Mail has bounced back over the last couple of years and is endeavoring to retain its customer base by frequently updating its platform with useful features and engaging interface. One of such fabulous features that Yahoo has in offering for its users is the option to customize the theme in their account to give it a unique and personal appearance.
If you also wish to change or customize the backdrop of your Yahoo Mail account using an engaging theme, below we have provided complete step-by-step instructions for quickly personalizing your Yahoo Mail account.
NOTE: The following steps to change Yahoo Mail theme are for Desktop/Computer. If you are looking for the steps to change Yahoo Mail theme on your Yahoo Mail Mobile application, click here.
Steps to Change or Customize Yahoo Email Theme on Desktop/Computer
- Sign into your Yahoo account. You will be directed to the Yahoo homepage.
- On the Yahoo homepage, click on the Mail option located on the top-right corner of the page. You will be taken to your Yahoo Mail account.
- In your Yahoo Mail account, click on the “Gear” icon located at the upper-right corner of your Yahoo Mail account’s page. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, you will need to click on the “Themes” option. A new window will pop-up on your Yahoo Mail account page.
- In the window, you will see thumbnails for different themes. Simply browse through the available themes in the window and click on the one which you would like to use.
- As you click on any theme, you will get a preview of the same on your Yahoo Mail account instantly.
- Once you have selected and reviewed the desired theme, and have decided to apply one, simply click on the “Done” button located on the bottom-left corner of the “Themes” window.
- Clicking on the “Done” button will apply the theme to your Yahoo Mail account.
In case changing the theme affects the readability of mailbox in your Yahoo Mail account, you can fix that by following the steps mentioned herein below:
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account and mouse over the “Gear” icon located on the top-right corner of your Yahoo Mail account’s page.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the “Settings” option. A new “Settings” window pops up on your Yahoo Mail account page.
- Under “Settings” window, go to the “Viewing email” option to locate Message list density option.
- In Message list density option, you will need to change the available option to improve readability. You will get three options:
- Select the appropriate option as per your requirement to enhance the readability of text in your Yahoo Mail account.
This is how you can customize and revamp the appearance of your Yahoo Mail account. To know more about such features and to get answers for any of your Yahoo related queries, feel free to get in touch with our Yahoo customer support team.