Has there been a moment when you wasted a lot of time scrolling through the junk of the email messages just to find one important email message? Though Yahoo mail is embellished with highly elegant and user-friendly features like you can create folders and categorize the email messages.
Here are steps to creating or adding folders:
• Launch Yahoo mail and sign in by entering the username and password
• Find the Plus (+) sign on the right to ‘Folders’ on the left panel
• Click on the Plus sign to create folder
• Type the desired name on the space provided for the same and press ‘OK’
The process of creating folder gets completed here. You can create several folders as per your choice and requirements. You can do this by repeating the same process. What you need something extra is to type the different names each time you create a new folder.
Adding filters In Yahoo Mail Account
After creating or adding folders, what you need is to add filters. You can add filters by following the steps given below:
• Find the ‘Gear’ icon on the top right of your yahoo mail main page
• Click this and scroll down the drop down menu to find ‘Settings’
• Click ‘Settings’ and find the ‘Filters’ option
• Click on the desired folder under ‘Sort incoming messages into folder’
• Click ‘Add’
This is the fundamental procedure to add folders and filter the messages. However, you can still go further and use the rules of filtering to route the particular email messages into the desired folders you have added or created.
Defining parameters using filter rules
You can set the parameters as your choice. You can set the rules about how yahoo should identify the email messages for routing them to specific folders you have created. The parameters include:
• E-mail Body
You can set any of the parameters and the yahoo mail will identify the emails on the basis of the set rules and direct them to destined folders.
It takes only a few minutes to customize and categorize your yahoo mail account, and in case of difficulties, you can always access the yahoo tech support executives for technical assistance.