There might be different reasons why you should be looking to backup emails – from safety, offline access to the closing of your account. Whatever be the reason, it is always a good idea to keep backing up your emails from time to time.
Backing up Email in Yahoo! Mail:
As Yahoo! Mail doesn’t offer a feature to export emails, following are the options available in Yahoo! Mail to backup all your emails easily and quickly.
1.) Print a Hard Copy:
- Sign into your Yahoo! Mail account and open the particular email that you wish to print a hard copy for.
- Once the email is open, scroll down to get to the bottom section of the email. Here you will find options like Reply, Reply to All, Forward and More.
- Click on the “More” option. This will open a menu with multiple options.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, click on the “Print” option. This will open a Print window on your screen. (NOTE: If you are prompted with dialogue box – Print the message “Subject line”? Click on the “OK” button.)
- Then, click on the “Print” option in the Print window screen to get a hard copy of the email.
2.) Forward Email(s) to another Email Address:
Another quick way to backup email(s) in your Yahoo! Mail account is to forward it to another email address simply.
- Sign into your Yahoo! Mail account and open an email which you would like to backup.
- Once the email gets opened, scroll down to get to the bottom section of the email. At the bottom section, you will find options such as – Reply, Reply to All, Forward and More.
- You will need to click on the Forward option. This will take you to email forwarding page.
- On this page, click on the text box next to “To” and enter the email address to which you would like to forward the email.
- Once you have entered the email address, just click on the Send button.
- Your email will be backed up safely to that another email address.
3.) Backup Yahoo! Mail to Gmail
- On your Gmail account, go to the Gear icon > Settings > Accounts and Imports option.
- Under Accounts and Imports, click on the Import mail and contacts link.
- Under Import mail and contacts, click on the Import from another address option.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail address in the text box and click on the Continue button.
- Click again on the Continue button.
- This will open up a new window prompting to sign into your Yahoo! Mail account.
- If prompted, allow the Gmail to access your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Close the window when prompted and then get back to your Gmail account for Gmail Import process.
- Now, you will need to select options you wish like Import contacts, Import mail or Import new mail for next 30 days.
- Next, click on the Start import option when you are ready for importing emails.
- After that, click OK to finish.
Once you have imported emails from your Yahoo Mail account to Gmail, you can follow these steps to download Yahoo emails from your Gmail account to the hard drive.
Download Yahoo! Mail from Gmail to Hard Drive
- Sign into your Gmail account and click on your Picture and select Account option from the menu.
- Next, go to “Data Tools” tab and click on the “Select data to download” link.
- Then, click on the “Create an archive” button.
- After that, click on the “Select all” option to deselect all items.
- Then, select the “Mail” option and click on the “Create Archive” button.
- Select the “Email me when the archive is ready” box.
- Google will archive your data and send you an email when you can download it.
- When you get the download email from Google, click on the download link and save the archive to your hard drive.
4.) Save Multiple Emails Quickly By Configuring POP Access in Yahoo! Mail
To backup multiple emails from your Yahoo! Mail, it is recommended to set up a POP Access to your Yahoo! Mail account. For this, you will need to configure your Yahoo! Mail account to a desktop email client like Outlook.
- Open the Outlook on your desktop and select File option.
- Under File option, click on the Add Account option.
- Now, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- Next, click on the POP or IMAP option and select Next.
- On the next screen, you will need to add information as mentioned below:
- Your Name: Your name
- Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail account’s email address.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- User Name: Your username
- Password: Your account’s password
Then, go to More Settings option and click on the Outgoing server tab. Select the checkbox next to following options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Next, go to the Advanced tab and enter the information as provided below:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
After that, click OK > Next. This will open a Test Account Settings window on your screen. If you would have entered the information correctly, the test will get completed successfully.
- At last, click on the Finish button. Your Yahoo! Mail account will get configured to Outlook.
- Now you can quickly back up emails from your Yahoo! Mail account using Outlook.
Backing up Emails from Yahoo! Mail on Outlook
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Now, click on Export to a file and then on the Next button.
- Next, select Outlook Data File (.PST) and then click on the Next button.
- Then, select the folder you wish to back up and click on the Next button.
- Choose a location and give a suitable title to your backup file.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Follow the steps mentioned above to take back up of emails from your Yahoo Mail account. If you are unable to do so on your own then don’t get frustrated, we have dedicated as well as certified Yahoo customer support technicians who will help you create a backup of your entire Yahoo email account.