Every email service comes with a Junk folder to keep store the unwanted incoming emails and prevent them from getting into the Inbox folder. While in some email service, this folder is known as Junk Folder, in some it is also termed as Spam Folder. Not only this Junk Folder stores the unwanted items temporarily but allows you to recover them in case you ever receive any of your important emails there accidentally.
Although you can easily locate the Junk folder in the same section where Inbox, Outbox, Sent folders are located, however, due to the new interface of the Outlook Android app, some users are unable to find the Junk folder in their email account. If you are also unable to check your Hotmail Junk Mail on Android, you can follow the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Check Hotmail Junk Mail on Android
NOTE: Outlook is the current name of Microsoft’s email service. It was formerly known as Hotmail.
- To begin with, you will first need to launch the Outlook app on your Android device.
- Once the app gets opened on your device, you will need to check whether you are in your Hotmail account or any other email account. As you can add multiple email accounts to your Outlook application, you will need to ensure that you are logged into your Outlook account.
- In your Outlook email account, you will need to tap on the Outlook icon located at the top-left corner of the screen. This will open a menu from the left-hand side.
- In the given menu, you will find the Junk folder located below the Deleted folder (second last option).
- Once you are in the Junk folder of your Hotmail account, you can find your desired email either by browsing manually or using the Search If you have too many emails in your Junk folder, it is best to use the Search
- Tap on the Search icon located at the bottom of the screen. In the Search field, you will need to enter the keyword related to the email you are searching for.
- In the search result, you will be able to find the email you are looking for.
- If you wish to move this email to your Inbox folder, tap on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) located at the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Move to folder This will open a list of folders to which you can move the message. Select the desired from the given list by tapping on it and press the OK button.
- The selected email message will be moved to your desired folder.
NOTE: If you are unable to find the email in the Junk folder, it might have deleted permanently from your email account. Outlook keeps emails in the Junk folder for a few days before they get removed from the account permanently.
Marking Not a Spam
Sometimes emails from a sender in your account might be considered by Outlook as spam and moved to the Junk folder directly. If you wish to prevent the future emails from the sender to be directed to the Junk folder, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Junk folder in your Outlook email account as suggested above.
- Open the email from the sender whom you wish to mark “not spam”.
- Next, you will need to click on the tap on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) located at the top-right corner. This will open the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Not spam This will move the email to the Inbox folder and also send the future emails from the sender to the Inbox folder.
Marking an Email as Spam
Just like Outlook gives an option to mark an email as “Not Spam” in the Junk folder to prevent your desired emails, similarly, there is also an option provided in the Inbox folder to mark an email as spam. To know how to mark an email in the Inbox folder as Spam, follow these steps:
- Open the Outlook email app on your Android device.
- Go to the Inbox folder and open the email you wish to mark as spam.
- Once you have opened the email, you will need to tap on the Menu bar icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to tap on the “Report junk” option. This will display two options on your screen – Junk & Phishing. Depending on the email, select one of the given choices and then tap on the REPORT
- The selected email will then be directed to the Junk
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to check Hotmail Junk Mail on the Android device.