Skype is considered as the ultimate tool for communication at both professional and personal level. Out of its several amazing features, one of the coolest features of Skype is the option to create a Group. With grouping feature on your Skype, you can easily coordinate with your friends and colleagues. This program not only offers conference calling and group chats but also lets you host a group video or conference call for up to 25 people.
So, next time you wish to plan for a weekend getaway with your friends or need to discuss a project frequently on a regular basis in your office, creating a group in your Skype can help perform such tasks easily and efficiently.
If you want to know how to create a group and add members to your Skype account, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Create Group and Add Members to your Skype Account.
- Sign in to your Skype account on your Desktop app.
- Once signed in, click on the “+” icon located on the left-hand side panel of your Skype account. This will open a small window on your Skype account.
- In the pop-up screen, you will get a list of your friends. You can search for your friends by scrolling through the list, or you can type the name of the friend in the field located on the top of the window.
- Once you have selected the name of the person from your contact list, simply click on the Add button. All the invitees will get a notification on their Skype account.
Invite More People to the Conversation
Later on, if you wish to invite more people to the group you created, you can do so easily by copying the link appearing in your Group.
- To find the invitation link, click on the Group’s profile photo. This will pop-up a small window over your Skype account. In this window, you will find a link at the bottom of the window. Simply click on the Copy link option located next to the link.
- Once copied, close the window and click on the person’s name in your contact list located on the left-hand side panel.
- Paste the copied link either by pressing CTRL + V in the message typing field or right-click on the message field and select Paste option from the menu.
- Hit Enter to send the link to the recipient.
- Now, the recipient will need to open the link (Right-Click and select Open) on their browser to join the Group.
Save Group in your Contacts
To make your newly created group appear in your Contacts’ list, you will need to follow the below steps
- Right-click on your Group on the left-hand side panel.
- From the menu that appears, click on the “Remove From Your Contacts” option.
- Your group will get added to your Contacts’ list.
So, this is how you can easily create a group and add members to your Skype account. If you need further assistance regarding above or if you have any other Skype-related issues or queries, you can always get in touch with our Skype customer support team. Our team of experts is available 24/7 at your disposal.