Forgetting password for your Facebook account is common. This occurs when you keep yourself logged in for months without the need of using a password and deleting the cookies of your web browser. As a result, you are logged out of all online accounts including Facebook. Now, to regain access to your FB account, you will need to recover the password of your account.
So, if you are facing a problem in recovering the password for your Facebook account, the following steps will help you easily get access to your account.
Steps to Recover Password for Facebook
1.) Go to the Facebook sign-in page and click on the link – Forgotten account?
2.) Enter the username (Email address or phone number) on the next page and click the Search button.
3.) On the next page, you will get a couple of options (email address or phone number) to reset the password for your Facebook account.
4.) Choose the appropriate option and click the Continue button. You will receive a six-digit code on the selected option.
5.) Enter the code which you receive on the subsequent page and click Continue. You will be directed to the Password Reset page.
6.) Type the new password in the provided field and click the Continue button.
7.) Next, you will be prompted to select any one of the options – Log out of other devices or Stay logged in. It is suggested to select the former option as they will log you out from other devices and eliminate the risk of hacking.
8.) Then, you will be prompted to review the recent activities in your account and delete the ones that you haven’t done. Click Get Started button and then the Continue button. Verify the activities, and when done, you can start using your FB account as usual.
How to Recover Forgot Facebook Password without Email & Phone Number
Locked out of your Facebook account? Don’t worry! You can always recover a lost Facebook password using your email address or phone number.
“I can’t reset my Facebook password because I can’t access the email address or mobile phone number on my account.”
If you have a similar situation when you neither have access to your phone number nor email address, Facebook doesn’t disappoint. It offers a myriad of ways to get your account back and then you can reset your password.
Recover Forgot Facebook Password without Phone number or Email Number
Here are some ways that help you recover forgotten Facebook password without email and phone number.
- Go to the login page of Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/login/identify).
- Look for the option that says “Forgotten account?” just below the “Password” field.
- You may want to click on the “Continue” option if you recognize the phone number or email address. This will be done on the “Reset Your Password” page.
- You need to then check the email for password reset directions. Select “No longer have access to these” if you don’t have access to either the email address or the phone number.
- You need to visit the link (https://www.facebook.com/login/identify) and enter an alternate phone number or email address (if you have access to any of these) and select “Search”. You can again select “No longer have access to these” if you have no access to any of these.
- Go to the “Find Your Account” again to use your username or name or nicknames and click “Search”.
- If you find a list of accounts (possibly matching), you can click on the button “This is My Account” (that should be yours) and follow the on-screen guidelines/ instructions to reset your password.
And you will click the option “I am not on this list” if you don’t find your name or any matching account. So, the next thing that you should do is to contact some of your friends and ask them to enter your name in the search bar to narrow down your profile (matching accounts). Or, you can enter your friend’s name and click “Search”.
If you find your account in their profile, you can click “This Is My Account” and follow the on-screen guidelines/ instructions to reset your password. And you will click the option “I am not on this list” if you don’t find your name or any matching account.
- Visit the page that says “How Can We Reach You”. Here, Facebook will persuade you to enter your mobile phone number or email address.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Have you set up Trusted Contacts on Facebook? If you have, you can select the option that says “Reveal My Trusted Contacts”.
- Go ahead and enter your trusted contacts’ names.
- You will get a recover code link and further on-screen instructions. Send the links to each of your contacts and persuade them to read you the codes. (You can give them a ring. It will kind of compel them to carry out the task more seriously)
- They will tell you the codes. Input each code and “Continue”.
Did you follow the above steps? If you still couldn’t recover your forgotten Facebook password without an email & phone number, contact the professionals at Facebook customer support.
In most cases, the above-given solution will help you recover your Facebook account. However, if you need further assistance, be it for password recovery or any other issue in your Facebook account, our third-party Facebook customer support team is always there for you. Our team comprises skilled technical experts who are capable of handling all sorts of Facebook-related issues and queries.
To contact FB, you can call the Facebook customer service helpline number (toll-free), or you can send an email, or you can have a one-to-one discussion with experts via live chat support.