Subscribers of Disney+ can watch thousands of movies and series on various devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Created by the Walt Disney Company, Disney Plus is an on-demand, ad-free streaming service for Disney fans. All the contents (movies, shows, and videos) of Disney Plus are admired and viewed by millions of subscribers across the world. Roku is a popular platform to stream all the Disney+ content. But many users have encountered Disney plus error code 83 on Roku.
Top Reasons for Disney Plus Error Code 83
Before going ahead and read the steps on how to fix the Disney+ error code 83 on Roku, you need to understand why you get Disney+ error 83.
When your Internet connection is poor or there’s excessive load on the servers, the error code 83 is likely to appear on your Disney+ account. It may further appear when Disney plus is unable to process the video, irrespective of the web browser you are using or Linus, Windows, Android, or iOS. When this error code occurs, the support page explains that the particular error “means we experienced an unknown error streaming to your device. This is typically a device compatibility issue, connection error, or account issue.”
9 Straightforward Methods to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83 on Roku
The following steps will help you get rid of the Disney+ error code 83 on Roku.
- Incompatible Platform: If you come across an error in your Disney+ account, device incompatibility could be one of the causes. Hence, you need to make sure the device you are using to access your account is compatible. You may like to check the device and software compatibility list before trying and access your Disney Plus account.
- Restart Your Device: Roku is a compatible streaming device. In case, there’s an issue connecting your Disney+ account on Roku, restart the device. Restarting your media platform is easy and a clichéd troubleshooting step to fix the problem. It works on most occasions and it may also fix the problem.
- Figure the Actual Reason for the Problem: Sometimes, it is not your device, but Disney+ itself. There are times when Disney Plus doesn’t work. Figure out the cause and then find a solution.
- Your Internet Speed: Streaming a video on Roku from Disney Plus isn’t an easy affair at all when there’s an Internet connectivity issue. When the Internet is down or low, the experience would be different, Test your Internet speed and then stream all the amazing videos.
- Check Your Browser or Try another One: Yes, it could be your web browser’s problem. If your Roku device is all good and there’s nothing wrong with it, take a look at the browser. Disney+ supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, etc.
- Update the App: The older version of the app shows error and often becomes incompatible when a new version of the Disney Plus app is released. This might cause the error code 83 to appear while streaming videos on Roku. So, what you need to do is to visit Roku’s app store and check whether you have an update available. If available, update the same and then stream your preferred videos without any interruption.
- Reinstall Disney+:Didn’t find an update on the App Store of Roku? In that case, you should delete the app and reinstall it to eliminate any kind of bug or data corruption. Deleting and reinstalling the app will certainly do away with all the bugs and other issues that could cause the Disney Plus error code 83.
- Try a Different Account: Can your account be blamed for the error code 83? When all the 7 other steps didn’t work, try a different account. If you sign in with another account and don’t see the error 83, you know what the reason was behind the error code.
- Contact Customer Care: When nothing works, we advise you to contact customer care. The professionals will help you fix the issue.