Undoubtedly, Hotmail is an exceptional email application that you can use to carry out your various personal and business communication tasks such as text messaging, document sharing, managing conversations, etc. While there are so many advantageous features available to Hotmail users, however, not everyone finds it suitable enough for meeting their purposes. If you also among such users, experiencing problems with your Hotmail account and looking to do away with your account, you can easily do so by deleting your Hotmail account using the instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Delete Hotmail Account
NOTE: Every Hotmail account comes associated with a Microsoft account. This means that to delete your Hotmail account, you will need to remove your Microsoft account. Doing so will not only terminate your Hotmail account but also other Microsoft products or services associated with the same account. These Microsoft products may include Hotmail, Office Online, OneDrive, Xbox Live, etc. Therefore, make sure to consider this before you delete your Hotmail account.
In addition to above, when trying to delete your Hotmail account, it is recommended to keep the following things in mind:
- It is strongly suggested to take a backup of all your files and contacts of your Hotmail account.
- Make sure to intimate your contacts about the deletion of your Hotmail account. Also, provide them with an alternate email address to reach you whenever necessary.
- Make sure to cancel active subscription (if any) to avoid unnecessary charges after deletion of your account.
Once you have considered the aforementioned suggestions, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions to terminate your Hotmail account permanently.
- On your computer, open a supported web browser and sign in to your Microsoft Hotmail account.
- Once you are logged in to your Hotmail account, you will need to go to the Hotmail account Deletion page. This will direct you to the Microsoft account deletion page.
- Once you are on the Microsoft account deletion page, you will need to go through all the information provided on the page. After thoroughly reading the information given on the page, you will need to click on the Next You will be directed to the subsequent page.
- On the next page, you will be shown a message on your screen. Ths information in the message would prompt you to consider the consequences before you start the deletion process of your Microsoft Hotmail account. So, make sure that you go through every piece of information you come across during the account deletion process.
- Next, you will need to choose an appropriate reason from the drop-down list to share the reason for deleting your account.
- Once you have selected the reason from the drop-down list, you will need to click on the Mark account for closure option to begin the account deletion process. Clicking on this button will mark your account for termination. Your Microsoft account (including Hotmail account) will get closed after 60 days.
- In case you wish to recover your deleted Hotmail account due to any reason, you will be able to retrieve it only if there would have not been more than 60 days since the deletion of your account.
- If the 60 days period doesn’t get over for your Microsoft account, you can easily recover your account by simply signing in to it as usual.
- In case you wish to recover your deleted Microsoft Hotmail account post 60 days, unfortunately, there is no way you will be able to retrieve it.
So, by following these instructions you can easily terminate your Hotmail account. if still, you have any issue you can contact Hotmail customer service helpline to fix Hotmail issues.