Dell printer will not work until and unless you configure it properly. A configuration of a printer is required at the time of bringing a new printer and secondly if you have brought a new personnel system in your home/office.
Configuring a Dell printer is easy so without any further discussion let’s check out the right procedure to configure Dell printer.
Steps to configure Dell printer To Windows Computer
- To start with, you need to create a new folder on the computer system.
- Afterwards, share the folder via the Advanced Sharing and Sharing buttons.
- Next, you need to right-click on the created folder and then choose Properties.
- Hit on the Sharing tab.
- Now, you need to click the Share button.
- Soon after type “Everyone” in the text box and enter Add.
- With this, you have to change the permission level to “Co-Owner” and enter on Share.
- And enter Done.
- You need to click on Advanced Sharing for checking the advanced share properties.
- Afterwards, check the “Share this Folder” box in case if it’s not checked and hit on “Permissions”.
- Just see that the group “Everyone” is on the list is checked. In case Everyone is not listed, hit the Add button and then add the group.
Once you have a shared folder, you need to Add security rights to the shared folder.
Instructions to add security rights to the shared folder:
- First of all, right-click on the created folder and choose Properties.
- Then after hitting the Security Tab and enter on the Edit button.
- Now you need to enter on the Add button.
- Start typing the name “everyone” who is into the large box and enter Check Names. “Everyone” will be listed and then select OK.
- See that “Everyone” is highlighted or User Names and after that check Full Control below.
- Choose OK.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you need to save the IP address somewhere for reference. It will be used in the Dell printer setup.
Thus, the steps are:
- To start with, enter the Start button from the desktop.
- With this, in the search box, type: CMD and then hit enter.
- On opening the Command Prompt, type: “ipconfig” and hit enter.
- Last but not least, the IP address will be listed.
Now you can enjoy the high-quality Dell printer printing services.