Outlook allows users to set up their email account on its platform and lets them access their account easily for sending or receiving emails. If you are also looking to set up your Comcast email account on Outlook Express, you can do so easily by following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide.
Steps to Set Up Comcast Email Account on Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express in your system and click on the Tools menu, and select “Accounts…” option.
- Here, you will need to follow the instructions accordingly:
To configure your Outlook Express client
- Click on the Add option and then on the Mail…
- Next, you will need to enter your name in the Display name field and click on the Next
- Then, you will need to enter your complete email address in the Email address field and click on the Next
- For My incoming mail server, you will need to select POP3 in the drop-down menu.
- Next, you will need to enter comcast.net in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server field. Then, enter smtp.comcast.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field. After that, you will need to click on the Next button.
- Now, enter your Xfinity username in the Account Name (Enter your Xfinity username as displayed on the left-hand side of the “@” symbol in the email address. Suppose your email address is [email protected], you will need to type in johnsmith. And, in the Password field, you will need to enter your password. So, make sure to check the Remember Password box to avoid entering the password every time you sign in to your email account. After that, click on the Next button and then on the Finish button.
- Next, you will need to highlight comcast.net under Account option and select Properties option.
To Reconfigure your Outlook Express Client
- Select your Account from the Menu on the left and click on the Advanced
- In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP), you will need to select the checkbox next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”.
- Now, enter 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field and in the “Incoming mail (POP3)”, you will need to select the checkbox next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”. The port will change to 995.
- Next, you will need to click on the Servers tab and select the checkbox next to “My server requires authentication”. Then click on the OK
NOTE: Third-party email clients are generally configured to remove messages from the server. This will put off additional devices receiving emails from email. To use your Comcast email account on different devices, you will need to make sure that email messages are not deleted. Now, to configure your Outlook Express client to prevent deleting messages from the server:
- Go to the Tools menu and select the Account
- Next, you will need to select your account from the menu located on the left, then select the Properties
- Then, click on the Advanced tab and select the checkbox next to “Leave a copy of messages on server”.
- The servers tab depicts pop three selected as the incoming mail server and a checkmark in the box next to “My server requires authentication” and click on the OK
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to configure your Comcast email account on Outlook Express. For more support you can contact Comcast email customer service.