When you send an email to any individual or organization, your name (which you have added to your Yahoo! Mail account) gets displayed on the recipients’ mailbox. In Yahoo! Mail, you can always change this name to anything from your nickname, your organization’s name to anything that you wish to appear in the recipients’ mailbox. The steps to change sending name in your Yahoo Mail account are very simple. You can quickly change your sending name anytime and multiple times.
To know how to change sending name in your Yahoo Mail account, follow the steps mentioned hereinbelow.
Steps to Change Sending Name in Yahoo Mail:
NOTE: When changing your sending name in your Yahoo Mail account, make sure to access your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser.
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account and move your mouse cursor over the “Gear icon” located on the top-right corner of your Yahoo Mail account’s page. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the “Settings” option. This will open a “Settings” window on your screen.
- In the “Settings” window, select the “Accounts” option from the left-hand side panel.
- Next, you will need to click on your Yahoo Mail email address located under Email addresses. This will open your Yahoo Mail account details.
- Now to change your name, click on the text box under “Your name”.
- Enter the name which you wish to change and then click on the “Save” button located on the bottom-left corner of the “Settings” window.
- Then send a test email to see if the sending name is appearing as expected. Click on the “Compose” button and enter your alternate email address in the “To” field. Next, enter “Test mail” in the Subject and click on the Send button.
- Open the email account to which you send the “Test mail”. You will find your name appearing as per the new name entered by you.
If you need further assistance regarding above or any other issue in your Yahoo Mail account, feel free to get in touch with Yahoo customer support team.